Today was a day of mixtures. Working when I'm not "officially" at work yet because I've had a last minute teaching position open that I needed to fill. Of course, the best laid plans . . . However, it will all work for the best because as professionals, I know that all of my staff are there for our students . . . to help them "soar to excellence in 2009." (that would be our new theme). So in the mix of it all, I must ask a new hire to change grade levels just 1-1/2 months after telling her she's been hired for another; edit my "newsletter" for my staff that I created in a slightly different style (smilebox); inform my superintendent of my changes; and then inform those affected of the changes.
But, I couldn't let go of my summer yet, so I had one more little fling before starting back on Monday. I have been to more movies this summer than I've been to in the last 2 years. Today, my Mom, Sister, and I went to see Momma Mia. Now, I can see where one would either love it or hate it. You've got to be one of those eclectics of the 70's who L-O-V-E ABBA. Honey, Honey, we took a chance and it was Super! We definitely didn't call an S.O.S. to get us out. I foresee that it will be a winner take it all when it comes to awards. Knowing me, Knowing my Husband, he will love it too, so I'll be taking him (dot, dot, dot). Anyway, it was a fun, non-thinking time with my 2 favorite women -- we sang, we laughed (yes, my over-70 mother) and clapped. There was a time or two that I thought we were going to be Dancing Queens in the aisle (you had to know that was coming). It was definitely a feel-good movie for this principal as she prepares herself to get prepared for a new year.
In the last few years, I've tried to avoid saying that I've had a bad day or a good day. All are good days because they are days the Lord has given me. Today, when I thought things were looking uncorrectable and stress-filled, a fun time with family was a good dose for this principal. So, for a matter of principle -- family can always bring you back to where you need to be.
2 comments:
Sounds like a fun time was had by all! Thanks for the movie review. Maybe my favorite child and I will go this weekend while my favorits grandchild is at that other place!
Do you hear that time clock ticking? Your summer is drawing to a close.
Of course anything Pierce Bronson is in (as the Pioneer Woman would say) makes my hiney tingle. BUT...I think my favorite part was just being there with you and mom -okay, singing out loud in the theatre was pretty cool. Of course....we should have had a camera on mom. She was having a blast. She talked about it all the way home and then at dinner. I think she would love for old stick in the mud and the rest of the family to go see it together. oops..please note that the dot, dot, dots in this comment do not imply anything.
Post a Comment