It's been a while . . . no one offered me any coffee.
Now that 4 weeks of school have flown by and ACU has started and therefore my duties as a club sponsor have begun, there have been occasions where I've crossed the path of those who think "it's all about me (them)."
Students think that they can say or punch somebody back because they said or punched them to begin with. The stealing of something from another student's desk is not as bad as not doing homework . . . according to one of my parents. Girls won't pledge at ACU at all since they didn't get the club they thought they would get. Other clubs wanted them, but they were rejected. Never mind that they have rejected a club that wants them.
It reminds me of a recent happening with my new school counselor. Mrs. Counselor works at 2 campuses in our district. On the day that she went to meet the staff at the other campus, introduce herself, and make a good impression, she forgot her materials, ran late, and I think one other thing occurred. So, (this lady is great! She can wing it like nobody's business) she stood before them, introduced herself, told what she had planned to do and then said, "You know it just goes to show that I'm not all that (snapping her fingers in a "z" fashion)." Her point being, that when we think we've got it all under control, we're at the top of our game, etc. something happens (could be a God reminder) and we are reminded that we are not all that.
In a book I am reading one of the statements made was, "if you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans." Lead Like Jesus
While it is important to remember that we are not all that in relation to God's power, grace, and sovereignty, it is his grace makes us all that in his Kingdom.
2 comments:
My illusions are now broken. I thought you were all that and a bag of cheetoes! Still do...even though you don't always trust what I do. Ha
OK, you know how I 'just love to read'! I want to borrow your copy of Lead like Jesus. You have quoted it several times and I think it is time I pick up a book longer than 10 pages and have more than 15 words per page!
And I think your all that too!!!!
Post a Comment